Prometheus (meaning "foresight"). 1) son of a Titan and a nymph, is known in Greek mythology as the one who stole fire back from Zeus, in which Zeus retaliated by creating woman (Pandora); 2) name of one of the moons of Saturn, which along with Pandora, acts as satellites to Jupitur's F Ring.
Material & Technique:
- Originally, I made the ring out of wax, using dental tools to create a textured surface, then cast it in sterling
- These production pieces have been cast in sterling silver in New York City
- All cast pieces are hand filed, sanded, and finished by Janet in her NYC studio
- Necklace made of Sterling Silver chain, sterling lobster claw clasp; soldered to order by Janet
Product Size & Description:
- Pendant size: approximately 1 1/8" diameter (about the size of a quarter), and the width of the ring is approximately 3/16" wide, 1/16" thick.
- The front of the pendant is textured; the back has a flat surface
Please select your necklace length: 14.5," 16," 18," or 20."