Prometheus (meaning "foresight"), 1) son of a Titan and a nymph, is known in Greek mythology as the one who stole fire back from Zeus, in which Zeus retaliated by creating woman (Pandora); 2) name of one of the moons of Saturn, which along with Pandora, acts as satellites to Jupitur's F Ring.
Material & Technique:
- Originally, I made the ring out of wax, using dental tools to create a textured surface, then cast it in sterling
- These production pieces have been cast in sterling silver in New York City
- All cast pieces are hand filed, sanded, and finished by Janet in her NYC studio
Product Size & Detail:
- Pendant size: approximately 1 1/8" diameter (about the size of a quarter), and the width of the ring is approximately 3/16" wide, 1/16" thick
- Sterling Silver French Earwire with 3mm Sterling Silver Ball Accent
Ring of Promet...