I went to China for 30 days with my family, and found this amazing, old coin in Southeast China. I asked my tour guide what it says (he was a "national guide" who acoompanied us the entire trip), and he said that one side has the amount that it was worth, the other side had the name of the family who functioned like a banking insitution during that time at that place.
Materials & Technique:
- A mold was made of the original coin, then cast in solid sterling silver in New York City
- Each piece has been hand filed, sanded, oxidized, and finished by Janet in her NYC studio
- Sterling Silver Ball Chain with sterling lobster claw clasp
Product Size & Details:
- Coin Size: approximately 2 3/8" x 5/8" x 1/8" thick
- This coin is a solid piece; a nice weight of a pendant
- Bail Option: the bail is the point of contact of how/where the chain is attached to the pendant. The two sides of the coin are different.
- If you want to be able to see either side, and want fate(!) to decide, select "Coin, as is"
- If you prefer to see the pendant as a fixed, flat pendant and you decide which side is "the front," select "Add jumpring bail to coin"
- Metal Finish Options:
- regular white silver, buffed with brass for a textured finish with semi-glossy accents
- oxidized (blackened) and buffed with steel wool for an antique finish
Select Necklace Length: Because of the larger size of this pendant, I think it balances better with a longer length. Please select from the length options. If you'd like it shorter, please select the shortest size and put the desired length in the COMMENTS section at check out. Alternatively, you can also email me beforehand or as soon as you place the order, regarding customized length.