The sakura is the national flower of Japan, and because the blossoms only bloom for 7-10 days, their delicacy and beauty are especially cherished, and it also symbolizes the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.
Material & Technique:
- Original prototype was hand constructed in sterling silver by Janet
- These production pieces have been cast in sterling silver in New York City
- Each pendant has been hand filed, sanded, and finished by Janet in her NYC studio
- Necklace made of sterling silver chain with sterling silver lobster claw clasps
Product Size & Details:
- Each cast sterling pendant is approximately 7/8" x 7/8"
- The filament (the middle rods that stick out in the middle of the flower with the ball end), are 3-D! I've made them to curve out, sort of like a crown in the middle.
- Please select pendant finish:
- All Glossy Silver (blossom outline & filament)
- Satin Glimmer Blossom with Glossy Center (filament)
- Select Necklace Style:
- Basic Silver Chain
- Regular Ball Chain
- Diamond Cut (faceted) Ball Chain
- Select Necklace Length: 14.5," 16," 18" or 20"
I ordered both Glossy and Satin Glimmer finish and they are both beautiful. Impeccable quality, super original, and unique. My Japanese friends are going to be extremely jealous!
This necklace is well made and beautiful. It's a unique piece that pairs with anything you wear. I love how it looks like an actual cherry blossom.
This piece is really cool because it is a bit 3-D! I've had this for years and it still looks great. It also pairs really well with another pendant in a longer/shorter length. it is a bit It is a bit tricky to clean, but using a Q-tip dipped in some silver cleaner works just fine. People will always ask you where you got it!