The sakura is the national flower of Japan, and because the blossoms only bloom for 7-10 days, their delicacy and beauty are especially cherished, and it also symbolizes the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.
Material & Technique:
- Original prototype was hand constructed in sterling silver by Janet
- These production pieces have been cast in sterling silver in New York City
- Each pendant has been hand filed, sanded, and finished by Janet in her NYC studio
- Necklace made of sterling silver chain with sterling silver lobster claw clasps
Product Size & Details:
- Each cast sterling pendant is approximately 7/8" x 7/8"
- The filament (the middle rods that stick out in the middle of the flower with the ball end), are 3-D! I've made them to curve out, sort of like a crown in the middle.
- Please select pendant finish:
- All Glossy Silver (blossom outline & filament)
- Satin Glimmer Blossom with Glossy Center (filament)
- Select Necklace Style:
- Basic Silver Chain
- Regular Ball Chain
- Diamond Cut (faceted) Ball Chain
- Select Necklace Length: 14.5," 16," 18" or 20"
Cherry Blossom with 3-D action!
Posted by Laura S. on 1st Jun 2012
This piece is really cool because it is a bit 3-D! I've had this for years and it still looks great. It also pairs really well with another pendant in a longer/shorter length. it is a bit It is a bit tricky to clean, but using a Q-tip dipped in some silver cleaner works just fine. People will always ask you where you got it!